Friday 10 August 2012

Doodle a Day - 1


So I'm following my beloved's advice and trying to do a drawing once a day. Cute, scary, funny, crappy, doesn't matter, just so long as I get something down on paper (or rather, graphics pad) once a day. I'm planning on sticking to this for a year so maybe we'll see some improvement, who knows? :D

Anyway, doodle number one, a little something to commemorate my buddy Fergie escaping her crazy mom and moving to New York. Anybody who knows Fergie knows that she's a pirate (with some ninja tendencies, hence the little guy hiding behind the crates), her first mate is a drunk chicken since at her mom's they had pet chickens, which I think will be the only things she'll miss about that place, and the jolly roger is composed of a skull with a crossed pen (Fergie does a lot of writing) and a magical wand (since Fergie is magical).

It's cute and I like this style, I just wish that GIMP had a watercolour brush, this would look way cute in watercolour, but Fergie seemed to like it which is the main thing.

So Fergie, happy trails! May you enjoy your own pay check for once and I look forwards to skype karaoke when you reach you destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment